Looking up houseplant care can be CONFUSING!
Endless do's and don'ts.
Fragmented tips and tricks.
What's actually important? What actually matters?
What do I need to know for an
ENJOYABLE and REWARDING houseplant experience?
You need the ESSENTIALS:
Houseplant care is confusing because of the outdated, one-size-fits-all advice you’re reading.
• Careful not to overwater, but water thoroughly.
• Needs bright indirect light but avoid direct sun.
• This plant thrives in low light.
• If leaves turn yellow, you're overwatering.
Not only is this advice VAGUE, it makes you WORRY about every little thing.
Let's work SMARTER (not harder) with plant care:
I can teach you the PRINCIPLES behind houseplant care so you won't feel like you're just blindly following instructions.
Understanding the PRINCIPLES will empower you for LONG-TERM enjoyment of houseplants.
Some plants are becoming more expensive. Getting a small one like this might be a cheaper option but you need to know how to give it the best possible chance of growing for you!
8 Months Later
By following the PRINCIPLES in this course, you'll enjoy the process AND get the results!
2 Years Later
Traditional plant tips and tricks never really address the LONG-TERM relationship you can have with a plant. My course will give you the right mindset and tactics for a long-lasting, rewarding hobby.
This isn't the same old, outdated houseplant care tips and tricks - the "how not to kill your houseplants" approach. Those were written when houseplants were just sold as decor.
This is a new, holistic approach to houseplant care, based on real observations and scientific reasoning.
It’s an updated, SENSIBLE look at how to cultivate a rewarding hobby with houseplants.
Hi, I'm Darryl.
Creator of House Plant Journal and author of 'The New Plant Parent'
I started House Plant Journal as a way to document the life of my houseplants and make detailed observations on their growth, changes, decline, and in some cases, death.
The more I searched for houseplant care advice, I kept finding the same BORING philosophy: here's a piece of decor, and here's how you maintain it.
Houseplants can be so much more!
I've answered THOUSANDS of houseplant questions.
When I saw the same kinds of questions over and over, I decided to develop a new approach to houseplant care - one that brings true enjoyment but keeps expectations in line with how Nature works.
This course will transform your houseplant experience!
Who is this course for?
- If you're tired of asking yourself WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
- When you want CLARITY from the typical do's and don'ts of houseplant care.
- If you don't feel confident with blindly following vague instructions.
- When you want GUIDANCE on how to make houseplants a rewarding and lifelong hobby.
For the Experienced:
- If you're curious about the WHY of different plant care instructions
- When you want to understand the PRINCIPLES behind plant care - not just random tips and tricks!
- If you're looking for better ways to EXPLAIN and TEACH houseplant care.
- The APPROACH to houseplant care that gives you a deeper appreciation of houseplants, their resilience, and how to cultivate a long-lasting hobby.
- Learn to understand and analyze LIGHT - the most critical but most poorly explained factor in houseplant care.
- A strategic approach to WATERING - the secret to how experienced plant owners "just know" when to water.
- Principles of SOIL - learn the components of good soil so you can confidently make your own mixes.
- FERTILIZER - some treat it as optional, others say it's a growth potion - I say it's time to get clarity!
- Fundamentals of PROPAGATION and techniques to ensure strong plant babies.
- DIAGNOSING LEAF PROBLEMS while remaining calm and having realistic expectations.
- Best practices for REPOTTING.
- Dealing with PESTS with effective treatments and early identification.
BONUS: Live Q&A Sessions
- Ask me your SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.
- Get CLARITY on any houseplant care topic.
- SHOW ME your plants!
- View all previously recorded sessions so you won't miss any of the discussion.
Comments from Followers: